The majority of this content is used with permission from Aarron Messer’s public Facebook page. Link at the bottom of the article.
My apologies for the print being in all caps. My formatting has been giving me grief for a few months. I needed a numbered list for this article which turned it into all caps when I published it. After an hour of trying to figure out how to use normal print; I gave up and left it as is.
1. Dr. Thomas, Spring’s father was a dentist for 62 years he owned and operated a small dental clinic on Manchester Rd in St. Louis. He held a very public, faithful, Christian service to his church by organizing Easter Sunrise services in Babler State Park for half a century and beyond. He was a founding board member of Westminster Christian Academy and was an extremely sacrificial supporter of Kerry Messer’s ministry for as long as Kerry and Lynn’s son Aarron can remember. He not only was the families dentist, a role in which he offered his services for free to support the ministry, but he personally paid for an orthodontist to extract all four of Aarron’s impacted wisdom teeth 20+ years ago. He financially was a faithful donor to the ministry throughout his life until he passed in 2012.
2. Spring lives on a substantial piece of real estate in Wildwood on a farm which she inherited from her parents. Spring was an only child, and both her parents have passed away. Spring was a caregiver for her parents caring for both of them as they aged until they died.
3. Spring has never been married and has no children.
4. Spring housed the Messer’s cattle in Wildwood to graze fields that were not being used; in turn, Kerry helped with the upkeep on Spring’s farm. This relationship continued after Lynn’s death.
5. Abram has never been comfortable with the behavior between Kerry and Spring when working on her farm.
6. Lynn personally asked a close friend in the weeks prior to her disappearance for prayer because she said, “I am going to have to have a confrontation with someone and it’s not going to be pleasant.” Was that person Spring?
7. The week leading up to Lynn’s death a friend met Lynn in the city to buy ground beef from Lynn. Lynn told the friend that she was not heading back home, but rather driving to Spring Thomas’ house to see her. Regardless of the content of their conversation this was a critical point in Lynn Messer’s life.
8. According to what Kerry told Aarron, Spring has refused to answer further questions or submit to a lie detector test, on the advice of her attorneys.
9. Spring was among volunteers during the first days of searching for Lynn on the family farm and surrounding areas. In the first week of searching Kerry established a rule that no one come in the house. This rule was strictly enforced. He asked women and family friends not to hug him, because he was, “uncomfortable feeling their breasts” against himself.
10. During the search participants came forward testifying that they noticed a special connection of a close nature between Spring and Kerry. Without prompting, numerous people have identified and reflected that they knew something was up in the manner in which they interacted in those early days of searching. Spring herself had seemed glowing as she spoke with other searchers about her feet getting wet, and how Kerry had taken her inside the off limits house, in private, to dry her feet off and provide her with dry socks and shoes to wear.
11. Eight weeks after Lynn’s disappearance Spring Thomas confirmed in a written statement to law enforcement that she was in a relationship with Kerry Messer.
12. It appears Spring had no problem or reservations dating a married man; after all, no one knew Lynn was dead. Did they? There was still a search for Lynn Messer going on while Spring and Kerry, a married man, were in a relationship.
13. Detectives explained to Aarron and Abram Messer their dad’s conversation with law enforcement regarding Spring. Kerry asked permission to satisfy his urges for female companionship because he was accustomed to an active sex life and that the absence of Lynn was not simply emotionally draining but physically unbearable.
14. Kerry and Spring denied their relationship to friends and their churches going so far as to tell people Aarron and Abram, law enforcement, and the media were all lying about a romantic relationship between Kerry and Spring. While, according to Aarron, law enforcement saw Spring on a regular basis having dinner in private, dating, talking on the phone every day, and spending the majority of her time with Kerry.
15. Kerry told his sons he was deeply in need of sexual satisfaction and that he couldn’t take not having sex four to five times a week. He said this was why he needed the relationship with Spring, but then he said he only held hands. So his reasoning for needing the relationship was for sex but he insisted he wasn’t having sex. Meanwhile, his sons said they would go in their dad’s house and count his Viagra pills to see if he was telling the truth about not having sex. The Viagra pills were disappearing one by one.
16. Kerry told his sons that in the first few weeks after Lynn disappeared he was drawn to Spring and had feelings for her. He tried to distract himself from Spring and tried to pursue a relationship with a younger woman from his church, but the woman was deeply offended and spoke to investigators about it…so Kerry returned his attention to Spring.
17. Throughout the 2015 legislative session Kerry spent most of his time on the phone with Spring or was with her in secret.
18. The boys know nothing of Spring attempting to stop Kerry from kicking his sons out of their homes.
19. Spring was as adamant as Kerry that the romantic rumors about them were not true.
20. According to his sons, Kerry lied in his last media interview when he said his relationship with Spring was on hold. Aarron saw them cooking dinner and kissing each other through Kerry’s kitchen window two weeks before Lynn’s remains were found. Spring helped Kerry bale hay and worked on the farm during the summer months. Spring has been spotted trying to hide her car on the farm to keep the relationship secret.
Despite all the denials about their relationship…this happened last summer:
Link here to the original article: Who is Spring Thomas? by Aarron Messer.
*Correction on #7: The article originally stated, “This friend knew Spring Thomas.” This was incorrect. She did not know Spring Thomas. Lynn told her that she was visiting a friend in Wildwood that owned land where they took their cows. She assumed Spring was the only friend they had in Wildwood where they kept cows. Lynn’s family confirmed that Spring’s land was the only location in Wildwood where cattle were kept.